After spending a little time today perusing some of the bill draft requests that have been presented for the 2011 Legislative session, I thought it might be interesting to take a tour of some of the small government activists in the Republican Party. Today, we’ll take a look at Greg Hinkle, Senator from Thompson Falls.
Hinkle has already requested 29 bills for the session, which read like they come from the Michigan Militia’s Official Handbook. Among the critical issues that Hinkle thinks the Montana Legislature must face in 2011 are the following:
- Sheriff must authorize federal employee arrest, search, or seizure
- Hand-thrown spear lawful means of hunting
- Exempt county from medical & dental expense for inmates with preexist conditions
- Revise carrying concealed weapon in prohibited places
- Provide protection of constitutional rights, establish crime of official oppress
- Clarify and specify role of Home Guard
- Award attorney fees and costs for person found not guilty for self defense
- Limit police firearm seizure
Hinkle was apparently elected to serve Gary Marbut’s agenda, as he is proposing his Home Guard legislation that discredits the men and women who serve in the National Guard as potential armies for a tyrannical federal government and Marbut’s more insane “Sheriffs First” legislation that would make it a crime for a federal law enforcement officer to work in Montana without getting WRITTEN PERMISSION from a county sheriff.
It certainly seems like we should hamstring federal law enforcement officers from doing their jobs in order to satisfy the lunatic fringe of the far right.
Perhaps more important in the limited 90 days available to the legislature is Hinkle’s crusade for the rights of hunters wearing makeshift furs and loincloths. I, for one, welcome the day that that I hurl a spear at an elk without the tyrannical hand of SOCIALISM denying me my God-given rights to maim large land mammals. I’m simply not satisfied with the right to throw spears at weasels and coyotes.
One only hopes that the legislature will have time to consider a budget when faced with these weighty, rational concerns.
Latest posts by Don Pogreba (see all)
- Montana Conservatives Try Another Anonymous Blog - December 21, 2013
- Appointing Walsh Does Increase His Odds of Winning - December 19, 2013
- My Father: A Rememberance - December 19, 2013