Today in Mike Dennison’s story about how the two major candidates for the US Senate have voted, we got an instructive lesson in how headlines can shape perceptions of a story. The Independent Record certainly offered a unique take on a story that largely argued that Dennis Rehberg votes with Republicans and Jon Tester votes with Democrats. Shocking stuff.
- From the Missoulian, U.S. Senate race: How often do Rehberg, Tester vote with the president?
- From the Billings Gazette, Tester voting record on Obama policies takes center stage in race with Rehberg
- From the Independent Record, Tester follows party lines
I guess supporting the ideological viewpoint of the publisher is more important than writing a headline that is either accurate or even logical.
Latest posts by Don Pogreba (see all)
- “Young Guns” Try To Rebrand the Montana Republican Party - March 6, 2014
- FEC Complaint Filed Over Zinke Photos, Zinke Responds with More Evidence of Coordination - March 5, 2014
- An Act of Terrorism in the Flathead - March 4, 2014